Are you getting the most out of your chiropractic care and ensuring the best outcome for your health and your relationship with your chiropractor? Here at Ascension Chiropractic Health Centre in downtown Ottawa we have amazing patients. Let’s look at the 5 things the best chiropractic patients do to maximize their chiropractic experience.
1. The best chiropractic patients book their appointments ahead of time and prioritize them in their schedule. Also, when they are running late or have to miss an appointment, they contact the clinic. Not only is it common courtesy, it also greatly assists us with planning the day in the clinic. We try to book exams and extended appointments at times during the day when the patient volume is scheduled to be at a moderate level, allowing us to provide the most efficient care for you and all of the other patients at the clinic. Proper scheduling also allows for us to be prepared, and to focus on you and your needs to the best of our abilities.
2. As a follow up to the point above, the best patients are as flexible as possible when booking their follow-up exams and reports. We do our best to accommodate the various schedules of our patients with early morning, lunchtime, and early evening appointment times throughout the week. However, sometimes we need to have set times in the week for certain exams and reports. Again, it allows us to serve everyone to the best of our abilities.
3. The best patients do not hesitate to communicate any concerns or questions they may have along the way during their care. (We love to hear about your victories too!) Extended appointments can be booked in advance to allow sufficient time to meet one on one. You are important to us and we want your feedback during the process so that we can deliver the best possible care.
4. The best chiropractic patients have patience, trust in the process, and follow the recommendations of their chiropractor. In most cases, it has taken a lifetime of various injuries or accidents (beginning at birth) to get your spine in the shape that it is in now. This cannot be undone with a single adjustment. Our clinic has regular progress exams to show you how your body is responding to chiropractic care. You will also be given exercises and structural aids to assist with the structural changes required to maximize your spinal health. Your chiropractor cannot care more about your health than you do. You must be the one to make the commitment to your care plan and to your health.
5. Finally, the best chiropractic patients share their story and refer others to the life-changing experience that chiropractic can be. We have heard countless testimonies of how chiropractic has greatly improved the quality of life for so many. Often, it was a personal referral to our clinic during a time of need that was the catalyst for a transformed life. Our community needs us and it is our mission to help them.
For every new patient that is referred to our clinic, we donate $20 to Chiropractors With Compassion. Thank you to everyone who has partnered with us in this endeavor. We recently received a report from CWC about the latest project completed in the Dominican Republican which provided a new community centre, Bendicion Compassion Centre, where children receive an education and can find refuge from violence and gang activity in the neighborhood. Look for the full report, along with pictures, the next time you are in Ascension Chiropractic Health Centre.
There are many things that a chiropractic patient can do to maximize their experience and their results. We hope that by explaining “the why” behind what the best chiropractic patients do, you will incorporate some or all of these into your life for the best chiropractic experience possible.